Zebpay is India’s leading bitcoin and cryptocurrency exchange. The exchange is headquartered in Singapore but maintains an office in Ahmedabad in Gujarat. It officially became India’s first bitcoin exchange in 2012 when it launched under the catchy name BuySellBitCo.in.
Today, Zebpay is India’s highest-volume cryptocurrency exchange. The exchange is available online at Zebpay.com. You can also download the Zebpay app for iOS and Android.
If you live in India, then Zebpay is one of the best ways to buy bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. You might also want to use Zebpay if you have Indian Rupees that you wish to sell. In general, however, Zebpay is only used by people from India.
How to Sign Up for Zebpay
In order to buy and sell bitcoin on Zebpay, you’ll need to first sign up. To sign up, you’ll need information like:
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Your PAN card
- Your banking information
Zebpay originally supported payments from the Royal Bank of India (RBI) and similar institutions. As of recently, however, RBI has blocked crypto-related payments.
Your PAN card, meanwhile, is a Government of India requirement. You’ll need to provide this information in order to sign up. You can also enter your Aadhaar details (your 12 digit number), although it’s not required.
How to Buy Bitcoin Using Zebpay
You’ve signed up for Zebpay and verified your account. Now, let’s look at how to buy bitcoin using Zebpay.
- Install the Zebpay app for iOS or Android. Or, visit Zebpay.com. If using the app, you may be asked to setup a security PIN to verify transactions. Make sure you don’t forget this PIN. It typically takes about 4 hours to verify your Zebpay account if you haven’t already done so.
- Before buying bitcoin with Zebpay, you’ll need to deposit money. The app and website both feature a “Deposit” link. On the next screen, you should see an “Rs Deposit” heading. There are a number of different options available, including online money transfers, normal transfers, and NEFT/RTGS/IMPS options. Choose the one that meets your needs. Make sure you’re aware of the fees and limits.
- Your Zebpay account is now funded. You can purchase bitcoin using that balance. Go to the main Zebpay screen, then enter the amount of money you wish to use to buy bitcoins. Zebpay will give you an exchange rate and will explain how many bitcoins your Rupees can buy. Verify the transaction with your security PIN, and you’ve officially purchased bitcoins. Your coins are still held by Zebpay – so you’ll need to withdraw your bitcoins to officially own your private keys.
How to Sell Bitcoins on Zebpay
Like all cryptocurrency excahnges, you can also sell bitcoin on Zebpay. It’s a straightforward process similar to the process listed above:
- Tap the “Sell” button on the Zebpay app or online dashboard. Enter the amount you wish to sell. You can enter your desired amount in Rupees or bitcoin.
- Enter your security PIN to verify your transaction. Tap the withdraw button.
- The amount will be deducted from your Zebpay balance and will be transferred to your connected bank account.
Zebpay is the most popular cryptocurrency exchange in India. It’s available via an online dashboard at Zebpay.com, or through mobile apps for iOS and Android. You can easily use Zebpay to buy or sell bitcoin.